This workshop will explore skills and strategies to identify and address trauma and toxic stress with children in play therapy sessions. Participants will learn how to incorporate techniques and principles of trauma-centered therapy into embodied play. Through the use of role play and practice sessions, participants will have an opportunity to see and practice concepts in action.
At the end of this training, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the difference between trauma-informed and trauma-centered therapy
- Describe four axioms of trauma-centered psychotherapy
- Establish a frame for addressing trauma and/or toxic stress in play therapy
- Describe three principles of trauma-centered therapy
- Create a containing structure for an embodied, trauma-centered play therapy session
- Describe and practice implementing the four main techniques of trauma-centered therapy
- Practice techniques for incorporating exposure therapy into play therapy
Please email email@example.com if you would like to pay via check or cash. There is an option to pay through credit card if you decide not to use PayPal.
Play Therapy & Trauma
March 28, 2020 from 9 AM to 12 PM at Playmore & Prosper.