**NOTE: This is an online class that will be offered live on Zoom. The CEs count for contact hours; see CE details tab for more info.
Anger gets the best of many of us, and without healing the pain underneath, it travels with us and can destroy the next experience it encounters. The ability to manage anger helps determine one’s success in navigating all relationships (friend, family, spouse, co-worker, boss, etc.). Learning the life skill of identifying and healing pain underneath anger is beyond priceless! Cognitive Behavioral Play therapy - a focus of this mini course - provides opportunities for therapists to promote conflict resolution and vulnerability skills necessary for dealing with anger and healing pain.
This topical series on play therapy is meant to give therapists new tools and expand their repertoire of techniques for specific client issues of concern. Therapy with kids and adolescents is different, and it requires learning new arenas & languages to facilitate growth and healing. These classes are built on sound therapeutic theory and will focus on the application of specific play therapy tools through demonstration and interaction.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this training, the learner will be able to:
- Describe a recipe for how anger happens
- Utilize optical illusions to illustrate anger
- Describe a method for evaluating the “cost” of anger
- Recite the self-talk ladder to “your destiny”
- Describe and practice building positive self-coping statements from 12 helpful thinking categories
- Identify 8 elements essential to being able to practice a stop, think, and choose protocol for difficult situations
- Facilitate practice of using a stop, think, and choose protocol for handling difficult situations.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to pay via check or cash. There is an option to pay through credit card if you decide not to use PayPal.
Play Therapy for Anger
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by the APT for 3 CONTACT CE hours. These hours can be applied towards obtaining the necessary 150 CE hours required for RPT credentialing from the Association for Play Therapy. This course is founded in Cognitive Behavioral Play Therapy, which is considered "seminal theory" by the APT, and appropriate to take during all three phases of training required for obtaining the RPT credential.
Playmore and Prosper is an approved provider of Play Therapy Training. APT Approved Provider 17-504.