**NOTE: This is an online class that will be offered live on Zoom. The CEs count for contact hours; see CE details tab for more info
Anxiety is extremely prevalent among kids, yet it is under identified, and under treated. It is vital to empower our youth with strategies for coping with anxiety. It is further important to bring the body and mind together for healing anxiety. Play therapy is able to utilize the natural creativity, hope, and movement inherent in imaginative play to empower kids to defeat their “worry bully,” and calm their body. Play therapy will be explained and explored for creating a “worry bully” with kids to helping them practice the 3 ways to defeat the “worry bully,” this training will offer several mind body strategies for over coming and defeating anxiety.
This topical series on play therapy is meant to give therapists new tools and expand their repertoire of techniques for specific client issues of concern. Therapy with kids and adolescents is different, and it requires learning new arenas & languages to facilitate growth and healing. Play therapy allows us to meet kids & adolescents where they are in development, and empower them through methods they are familiar with. These Play Therapy classes are built on sound therapeutic theory and will focus on the application of specific play therapy tools through demonstration and interaction.
Check out the other topical play therapy training on Anger!
Learning Objectives: At the end of this training, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the difference between worry and panic.
- Recite and explain a play therapy metaphor for explaining anxiety.
- Utilizing a play therapy metaphor, describe 3 ways to defeat a "worry bully."
- Name 7 sensory systems influencing the perception and felt sense of anxiety.
- Name a physical play therapy activity that can be used to calm and regulate a person from each of the 7 sensory systems.
- List 12 thinking category pairs to evaluate helpful vs. unhelpful thinking.
- Describe and practice play therapy techniques for building positive self-coping statements from the 12 helpful thinking categories
- Explain a play therapy process for building a progressive plan for facing fears
Please email email@example.com if you would like to pay via check or cash. There is an option to pay through credit card if you decide not to use PayPal.
Play Therapy for Anxiety
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by the APT for 3 CONTACT CE hours.
This class is worth 3 CEs. These hours can be applied towards obtaining the necessary 150 CE hours required for RPT credentialing from the Association for Play Therapy. This course is founded in Cognitive Behavioral Play Therapy, which is considered “seminal theory” by the APT, and appropriate to take during all three phases of training required for obtaining the RPT credential.
Playmore and Prosper is an approved provider of Play Therapy Training. APT Approved Provider 17-504.