1) Experience is believed, because it is felt and lived! Advice or revelation still needs to be tested by experience.
2) Our body and soul have information we need to grow and heal. Research is now demonstrating how our body, not just our minds, holds memories and information. An experiences engages the body and soul, and activities can be facilitated to allow the body and soul to share information and speak solutions.
3) The mind resists and blocks threats to it's understanding (because it "knows better"), but a new understanding is exactly what is needed for growth! Activities can allow the body and soul to lead an experience while the mind observes. Thus quieting the mind and it's defenses.
4) An experience aligns a therapeutic experience in a very significant way. The therapist becomes a co-traveler or witness, while the activity itself is what teaches, challenges, and confronts. This engenders growth facilitating empathy.
5) For growth and healing to take hold and become real and lasting, the mind, body, & soul must have a unified understanding - experience unites mind, body, & soul into an agreed understanding.
6) Play and expressive arts invites creativity, and creativity fosters new innovations, and new is exactly what is needed for change and growth.
7) Activity can allow us to observe ourselves. When we are able to observe ourselves we gain awareness. Awareness allows for intentionality, and the likelihood for change and growth vastly improves with intentionality.